BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 27, 2007

HOUSE PROJECT 2







Our House! We love it, but there is a BIG project going on inside! I decided to leave the landscaping for next year!!! I did, however, tear out the weeds and replace it with the little
flower garden you see under the left window! It looks really cute! :) I would finish, but we turned off the water to tear out the plumbing, so I have no way to water the flowers!!! Our
sprinklers work, but they weren't designed to water any flower gardens, only the lawn...another project I will be diving into next year (new sprinkler system).


This is the only room we have finished...We tore up the nasty green/brown carpet and discovered beautiful original hard wood floors underneath! The bedrooms and living room upstairs have them! I sponge painted this room...it looks great!

THE PROJECT: Almost every square inch of our house inside has been gutted! We are putting in all new plumbing, electric & windows...adding tile, tearing down walls, adding a kitchen downstairs (in case we want to rent out the basement), adding all new fixtures, re-arranging our downstairs bathroom and upstairs kitchen...adding a big window in one of the walls to open up the living room and the kitchen (the sink will now be on that wall with a bar exending out into the living room)...arching all the doorways...new doors, new carpet, refinishing the hard wood floors....etc, ect, etc!!! I don't have any "before" pictures here at work - so I'll have to upload those later - but this is what our house currently looks like!!!


The very small & cramped upstairs bathroom! We combined the laundry room with the downstairs bathroom to make it bigger...adding a jetted tub! So at least I will have ONE bathroom of a decent size!


The kitchen after we tore out the cupboards! You wouldn't believe all the different layers of wall-paper we have found! And linoleum!!! The sink used to be there next to the dish washer. We are moving the sink and dishwasher across the room underneath the new wall (with a window) overlooking the living room!


This is all the mouse poop we found underneath the dish washer! GROSS!!!

This is what the downstairs bathroom looked like - it was never finished. We took out the wall behind the toilet and moved the toilet to the opposite side under the window. We tore out the concrete and put in all new plumbing.
This is what the bathroom looked like after we took out the wall (surrounded that cast iron stack). The jetted tub will be on the left and the toilet will be under the window.
We have lots of beautiful wood panels on the walls...gross! Yes, we will be taking it out! The kitchen will be in the little nook that I am standing in to take the picture...we will be tearing out a wall to the right (that you can't see) and opening it up to make it a living room. My office is to the left back corner and we have another bedroom down there.
Our house has 5 bedrooms, two bathrooms & will have two kitchens and a living room. We have an addition in the back - but it's not finished, so it's storage. We will also be building a garage! It has been fun so far! I'll keep adding updates as we go!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

This is going to be an amazing transformation! I can't wait to see the end result and find out how much the value increased! Way to go! I'm addicted to HGTV so this is like another great show to watch! Love you guys!

Jeremy 'n Brandy said...

Holy cow! You guys are incredible doing all that. Sounds fun but like a ton of work! I can't wait to see the progress too. Keep posting pictures as changes are made cuz it will be crazy watching all of this come together. I love stuff like this.